Meet Dr. Patel Your Shelby NC Orthodontist
Education & Experience
Dr. Patel grew up in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. He was the valedictorian of his high school class before receiving his Bachelor of Science in Economics from Duke University.
Dr. Patel was immediately accepted into dental school at the Medical University at South Carolina College of Dental Medicine. He graduated near the top of his class and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society.
After graduating from dental school, Dr. Patel moved to Louisville, Kentucky, to continue his education. He was accepted as one of six residents into the University of Louisville Department of Orthodontics, a prestigious full-time, 2-year program known for its intensive clinical training.
Dr. Patel graduated with his certificate in Orthodontics and his Masters of Science in Dentistry. His orthodontic training includes Invisalign certification and experience with all of the latest orthodontic technologies.
Why an Orthodontist?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Patel continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Patel has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Shelby NC Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
- Seeing a specialist like your Irving orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Shelby NC orthodontist offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Orthodontics Associates is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Shelby area.